PRNewswire, “Verizon caps transformational year with strong, balanced 4Q results”
Fios revenues continue to grow in wireline segment
In the wireline segment, Verizon’s results were once again highlighted by continued revenue and customer growth for Fios fiber-optic-based services.
Wireline financial highlights
- In fourth-quarter 2015, consumer revenues were $4.1 billion, an increase of 2.6 percent compared with fourth-quarter 2014. Fios revenues represented 80.4 percent of the total.
- Comparing fourth-quarter 2015 with fourth-quarter 2014, total Fios revenues grew 6.8 percent, to $3.5 billion, and consumer Fios revenues grew 6.6 percent.
- Wireline operating income margin was 7.3 percent in fourth-quarter 2015, up from 4.4 percent in fourth-quarter 2014. Segment EBITDA margin (non-GAAP) was 24.2 percent in fourth-quarter 2015, compared with 23.9 percent in fourth-quarter 2014.
Wireline operational highlights
- Verizon added 99,000 net new Fios internet connections and 20,000 net new Fios video connections in fourth-quarter 2015. Connections totaled 7.0 million for Fios internet and 5.8 million for Fios video at the end of 2015, representing year-over-year increases of 6.3 percent and 3.2 percent, respectively.
- Fios internet penetration (subscribers as a percentage of potential subscribers) was 41.8 percent at the end of 2015, compared with 41.1 percent at the end of 2014. In the same periods, Fios video penetration was 35.3 percent, compared with 35.8 percent.
- By year-end 2015, more than 70 percent of consumer Fios internet customers subscribed to data speeds of 50 megabits per second or higher. In addition, customer interest continues to grow for Custom TV, which represented about one-third of Fios video sales in fourth-quarter 2015.
- During the fourth quarter, Verizon Enterprise Solutions helped global clients provide better customer experiences and produce better business results through services such as global networking and security, business communications, IT solutions and managed services. The company worked behind the scenes to help its clients serve their customers. These clients include retailers The Kroger Company and Advance Auto Parts; energy companies Sunoco and FirstEnergy; vehicle manufacturer Yamaha Motor; as well as global brands like General Electric, Albertsons Companies, thyssenkrupp, Tennis Australia, Deluxe Corporation, Apollo Global Management and IXcellerate; and government organizations Defense Information Systems Agency and the City of Houston(Texas).
Further information can be found at PRNewswire website.